“Gratitude changes everything . . .”
I personally have a list where I write these things down; I call it my “gratitude catalog”. It’s amazing what looking at a word document filled with line after line of months’ worth of gratitude entries can do to shift one’s perspective. If you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, if you know you’re about to enter a day filled with pressure and high expectations, being able to remind yourself that the blessings of life surround you immediately changes your mindset. It’s just in our DNA – see positive, think positive, act positive.
30 things you can choose to be grateful for now:
* excluding partner, children, family and friends . . .
- Waking up (the obvious first!)
- Past, present and future (your life)
- Good health
- Ability to make choices
- Lessons learned
- Each day is a new chance to begin again
- The ability to go anywhere at anytime
- Having a passion
- The generosity of others
- The small pleasures of life all around us
- The Internet
- The setbacks that make a person stronger
- Good conversations
Sometimes it’s tough to find the find the bright side of things because of the enormous amount of challenges we face each day. However, remember that no matter how bad your situation may seem, there are more things to be grateful for in life than there are problems. Realize how amazing your life is — and start with YOU!